Dads, are you looking for resources for you and your family?
Fathers are essential in raising safe, healthy, and well-nurtured children—equally as important as mothers. Research clearly shows the benefits of involved fathers in the lives of their children: enhanced social skills, problem-solving abilities, increased cognitive capacities in younger children and improved academic performance. The adverse effects of father absence upon children have also been well documented. Children whose fathers are absent from their lives are five times more likely to live in poverty, three times more likely to fail in school, and two times more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol, be involved in crime and to be abused or neglected.
The mission of the Winnebago County Fatherhood Coalition is bringing the whole community together to advance involved, committed, responsible fatherhood. We believe all children, youth, and families thrive in healthy communities.
2021 Virtual Meetings:
- May 20, 2021
- July 22, 2021
- September 23, 2021
- November 18, 2021
The Winnebago County Fatherhood Coalition will provide a forum for community conversations to address challenges and to advance fatherhood services in our community. Our goals are:
- To bring individuals together from a variety of community sectors to discover the existing resources that already exist within our community
- To connect people, programs and services to one another for collaboration and greater collective impact
- To identify best policies and practices for serving fathers across community social service sectors
- To increase knowledge and skills of coalition members in fatherhood services
- To identify new possibilities to advance fatherhood services within our community
- To create a shared vision for fatherhood advancement in our community.
Join the Conversation! For More Information, Contact:
Earl Kloppmann, Coalition Conversation Co-Facilitator
(630) 808-9066 / Ekloppma@childrenshomeandaid.org
Dorothy Davis, Coalition Conversation Co-Facilitator
(309) 834-5240 / Ddavis@childrenshomeandaid.org