Change an email signature
You can update your email signatures as necessary, or use them as templates on which to base new signatures, producing signatures for a variety of purposes, such as internal and external messages.
- In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click Signatures.
Note To add your signature when replying to or forwarding a message, the signature options on the Message tab become available after you click Reply, Reply to All, or Forward.
- On the E-mail Signature tab, in the Select signature to edit list, click the signature that you want to modify.
- In the Edit signature box, make your changes to the signature or simply copy-paste the sample signature below as a start point:
Director of Stuff, Scott Early Learning Center
Children’s Home & Aid | 1119 E. Taylor | Bloomington, IL 61701
P: 555-555-5555 | M: 666-666-6666
- To format the text, select the text, and then use the style and formatting buttons to select the require options. All text should be displayed using the font Trebuchet MS and the size 10 point. Your name should be bolded.
Note These options are not available if you use plain text as your message format.
- After making your changes, click OK.
Note If you want your changes to appear in the signature in a message that you currently have open, you need to update the existing signature. On the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signatures, and then click the signature.
Tip: You can make changes to signature in a message that you currently have open by editing the signature in the message body. However, these changes will not be saved for other messages.