Upcoming Training Opportunities
CULTURAL COMPETENCY: Creating and Protecting Safe Spaces for Clients, Visitors, and Colleagues, and/or VIEW FROM THE TOP: Ethics and Integrity
Presenter: Krista Woods, MSW, LCSW
Date: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Children’s Home + Aid Bloomington office
Free for Children’s Home + Aid employees, interns and volunteers. $25.00 for one session or $40.00 for both for any external participants. Payment expected on the day of the training via cash, check or money order. Credit cards are not accepted.
3 CEU’s per session/6 CEU’s for both sessions
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Cultural Competency: Creating and Protecting Safe Spaces for Clients, Visitors, and Colleagues Objectives:
- Identifying one’s own privilege
- Describe the paths to discrimination and oppression, including institutional racism
- Become allies and advocates to create and maintain safe spaces for all
1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Clear View from the Top: Ethics and Integrity Objectives:
- Discuss the responsibility we have to our youth, our organization, and ourselves to ensure the highest level of integrity.
- Describe the importance of leadership roles in teaching/mentoring/modeling good ethical behavior
- Apply skills to their specific job roles and functions with greater understanding
- Describe what it means to provide consistent ethical practices
These trainings meet the requirements for the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations for ethics and cultural diversity.
Sessions are open to the public. To register, please email Karan Kowal at email@example.com. If you are only attending one session, please specify which one in your email.