Top Ten Ways You Can Help Kids and Families this Holiday Season
11/17/2017 | Holiday Time
No matter where you live in Illinois, you can help brighten the holidays for children and families! Find a way to give near you:
- Support our Holiday Fund Be part of our yearly tradition and help us provide services to more than 40,000 children and families in need throughout Illinois. Many employers will match your tax-deductible contribution, helping us reach even more children and families. Ask your employer today if your donation is eligible for a gift match.
- Adopt-a-Family Provide holiday gifts for children and families who might otherwise go without. With your help we grant holiday wishes for hundreds of families in the Bloomington-Normal and Metro East St. Louis regions.
- Shop with Amazon The AmazonSmile website is operated by Amazon with the same products and prices as Amazon.com. When you shop on AmazonSmile, a percentage of the purchase price can be donated to Children’s Home + Aid. There’s no extra cost to you, so get started today.
- Keep Children Warm Provide new or gently used winter clothing to our Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive. Donations are accepted at all Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops in IL and WI through December 13.
- Discover Unique Gifts for Friends and Family The Woman’s Board of Children’s Home + Aid presents a holiday boutique with a portion of the proceeds benefitting Children’s Home + Aid’s early childhood education centers. The Children’s Holiday Shoppe in Rockford is a store just for kids (age 12 and below) to shop for inexpensive gifts for friends and family benefitting the MotherHouse Crisis Nursery.
- Corporate Volunteer Programs Get your company involved in a group volunteer project or donation drive. Contact Tara Harper to make arrangements.
- Give the gift of books! Our Holiday Book Drive will take place at the Barnes & Noble in Schaumburg and Skokie Old Orchard, as well as the Edwardsville Books-A-Million.
- Stuff the Bus Make a difference in the lives of infants and young children in crisis. From Nov. 27-Dec. 2, help “stuff the bus” with clothing, supplies and toys to stock the Crisis Nursery. Locations vary throughout the Bloomington-Normal area.
- Giving Tuesday Save the Date November 28th is Giving Tuesday, and it will be here before you know it. Mark your calendar and plan to show your support with a donation to help Illinois children and families thrive and grow.
- Create your own Fundraiser Turn your holiday gathering or open house into a way to help kids and families in need – invite your guests to bring a book, gift or toy, or to make a donation in lieu of a hostess gift. Learn more here.