Through our Ahlquist Center for Policy, Practice and Innovation, Children’s Home & Aid utilizes the collective voices, skills, and wisdom of our staff, volunteers, and advocacy partners to actively engage our lawmakers, rule makers, and supporters by providing education and information to ensure sound public policies on behalf of children and families.
- October 12, 2020 – ISBE Budget Hearing Testimony
- December 10, 2020 – Testimony Before Senate Appropriations and Education Committees
- March 10, 2021 – Testimony Before House State Government Administration Committee on HB 594 – Creation of the Illinois Legislative Youth Advisory Council
- March 15, 2021 – Budget Testimony Before House Appropriations – Elementary and Secondary Education Committee
- March 31, 2020 – Budget Testimony Before Senate Human Services Appropriations Committee