The Start to Finish Coalition is an advocacy coalition focused on the needs of youth ages 8-25. We believe that young people can and will thrive if they are stable, safe, healthy, educated, employable and connected.
Our mission is to promote the activities, funding and research that guide youth through school and into young adulthood with the skills, education and agency to build exceptional lives.
● All youth will thrive if they are stable, safe, healthy, educated, employable and connected;
● A person’s brain is still developing well into their mid 20s, which means that we must build
on and continue the work done in early childhood;
● Youth goals are interconnected and interdependent – youth must be supported in all six
developmental areas to reach their full potential;
● There are approaches that can and do work with elementary school, middle school and older
● Youth and families are the experts on their own lives and what works best for them;
● All youth do not have the same needs or live in the same circumstances with the same
resources; therefore, interventions and resources must be distributed equitably.
The Start to Finish Coalition is growing and is currently comprised of advocates, community organizations, trade organizations and other non-governmental agencies committed to advocating for older youth. Please contact Eric Mayo at email@example.com. to join the Coalition.