SOUTHERN REGION VOLUNTEERS
Children’s Home & Aid’s Southern Region impacts over 10,000 families throughout the Metro East and Southern Illinois each year. We are an organization that values volunteers and welcomes those from our diverse communities to contribute time and talents—to give children help, hope, and opportunity!
Volunteers of various ages and backgrounds may join us through weekly, monthly, or one-time opportunities, and groups may partner with us through projects and events. While our staff goes into homes, schools, and communities to serve children and families with substantial needs, we invite you to step in to affect their success!
We’re committed to training and supporting each volunteer. Those who routinely work with clients are asked to participate in a screening process, including an in-person interview, health screen, drug screen, and fingerprinting background check.
INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Mentor: Our foster children and our teens at risk of entering the juvenile justice system are in particular need of positive, consistent, adult relationships—especially our boys!
- Foster Youth Connection: We care for over 125 Metro East kids in foster care, and each year, we have a handful who move out on their own—as independent adults. We are currently building a group of adult volunteers focused on walking with these youth through apartment searches, job hunts, school applications, household responsibilities, and holiday celebrations.
- Administrative Support: Volunteers file paperwork, prepare mailings, and organize storage areas, allowing our staff to spend more time out of the office serving families!
- Photographer: If you’re a professional photographer, or an amateur with basic skills and equipment, consider joining us to capture the milestones of children in foster care through portrait photography!
- Recreation or Life Skills Instructor: We bring at-risk youth together at a Belleville church one weekday afternoon each month for a safe, constructive, after-school event. Join us to lead a game or class—an hour or two can go a long way in engaging and equipping youth.
- Event Volunteers: From our summer party for foster families to our annual holiday gift drive, volunteers help us plan and host events that brighten the lives of the children, youth and families we serve.
GROUP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Grounds Maintenance at Local Child Care Centers
- Event for Our Kids
- Makeover a Visiting Room
- Scrapbooks and Photo Albums
- Hygiene Kits
- Other Gifts
To learn more about our Southern Region volunteer opportunities, please contact Marisa Diaz at 618-452-8900, ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.