Make the Holiday Season Brighter for Children & Families
By participating in one of the below activities, you will be providing a very happy holiday for vulnerable children and families throughout Chicagoland! Thank you again (and again!) for your compassion and generosity!
This is the most impactful way for you to support children and the most desperately needed! Donations are used to purchase gifts for children who are new to our programs in November/December and will not have the opportunity fill out a wish list. Donations also help us care for children all year long – providing counseling, education and other services that are so essential to their well-being.
Make Twice the Impact
Many companies match charitable donations, even for retirees. Will your company match your gift?
In-Kind Donation Opportunities
Gift Cards – Gift cards allow our tweens, teens and caregivers to choose their own items. Our top requested gift cards include Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, movie cards such as AMC, Regal or Fandango, and fast/casual restaurants such as McDonalds, Subway, etc. Caregivers most often request gift cards for groceries and gas. We are grateful for any denomination, but especially $20, $25, $50 and $100. Gift cards can be mailed/dropped-off at 100 N. Western Ave. in Chicago between 10am-6pm on December 9th, 10th,11th, or 12th. Please be sure to indicate the gift card amount on the card/envelope. Please sign-up below.
Everyday Essentials – Our children and families are in great need of everyday necessities that you and I take for granted. Items must be unwrapped and dropped off at 100 N. Western Ave. in Chicago between 10am-6pm on December 9th, 10th,11th, or 12th. Please sign-up below. For questions about our everyday needs, please contact Liz Startz.
- Comforters and bedding (crib/toddler, twin, queen and king)
- Bath, hand and kitchen towels
- Dishes, silverware and glasses
- Pots, pans and cooking utensils
- Small appliances (Microwave, Toaster, Blender, Toaster oven, Crockpot & Coffee maker)
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Gift cards for groceries (Jewel, Aldi, Walmart)
- Gift cards for gas (Shell, BP)
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Household items (laundry detergent, toilet paper, dish soap, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Baby Items (diapers/wipes, formula, newborn clothing, baby soap/towels, bottles, blankets, etc.)
- Warm winter clothing (all sizes/genders – toddler, school-age, teens and adults)
- Winter coats, boots, hats, gloves, etc. (all sizes/genders – toddler, school-age, teens and adults)
- Car Seats
Last Minute Shopper – Children and families involved in a Children’s Home & Aid program are allowed the opportunity to complete a holiday wish list to be fulfilled by a donor. Because families come into our care year round, including November and December, new clients will not have had a chance to complete a wish list. This opportunity is for donors who are able to purchase their needs/wishes within a 1-2 day notice, wrap and deliver the gifts to Holiday Headquarters on December 9, 10, 11 or 12. Signing up for this option does not guarantee you will be contacted, as availability is based on our need. You may be notified between November 13 – December 12. Gifts must be wrapped and delivered (not mailed). Please sign-up below.
To sign up to provide Gift Cards and Everyday Essentials or to be added to our Last Minute Shopper list, sign-up here. This opportunity is available for individuals, families, corporations and organizations.
For questions about participating in our holiday activities as an individual or family/group, please contact Liz Startz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for more information on how your corporation or organization can be involved.