FCAN holds quarterly Chicago Roundtable and Downstate Caucus meetings to discuss current issues impacting HIV-affected individuals and families. The educational meetings provide a forum for discussions among participants and presenters. In addition to educating consumers, health care professionals and community members throughout Illinois, Chicago Roundtable and Downstate Caucus meetings provide opportunities to coordinate advocacy efforts.
Recent meeting topics include:
- Assisting families to make future care plans for their children
- Obtaining public benefits for HIV-affected families
- Recent policy updates related to HIV/AIDS
- Disclosure of HIV diagnosis
- Legacy Projects
- Illinois’ new HIV testing and consent law
- Short-term guardianship expansion
Individuals and agencies concerned with issues impacting women, children, and families living with HIV/AIDS are invited to attend meetings. Location sites vary across the state of Illinois in order to make the meetings convenient and accessible to all individuals and providers. Please see our Upcoming Events to locate the meeting nearest you.
Registration for each of the meetings is encouraged so that we can reserve your spot.