Snug Hugs for Kids Clothing Drive
October 23, 2017 - February 12, 2018
Help children keep warm this winter by participating in the annual Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive. Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops are collecting donations of new and like-new warm winter clothing for children enrolled in Children’s Home + Aid’s Child and Family Centers.
- Sizes collected range from newborn to 18 years (adult sizes). Most needed sizes are for children age newborn – 5 years
- Most needed items include:
- Coats, sweaters, pants and socks
- Snow pants and boots
- Hats, scarves, mittens and gloves (especially matching sets)
- Like-new clothing should have little-to-no visible wear and tear, be clean and free of stains, have no holes, frays or missing buttons and have working zippers.
Clothing donations can be dropped-off at all Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops in Illinois and Wisconsin between October 23 and December 13. To find a location near you, visit Merlin’s website.
Crochet and Knit-A-Thon
The Crochet and Knit-A-Thon (CKAT) partners with crafters to knit and crochet warm clothing for the Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive.
All participants are invited to attend an event to display their crocheted/knitted items:
Saturday, November 4, 2017
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Resurrection Lutheran Church
2567 W Sullivan Rd, Aurora IL
Participants are encouraged to register by Friday, October 27 in order to receive tags and mailing labels or to attend the display event on November 4, 2017. Register online below or print a registration form here.
Crocheted/knitted items are accepted:
- At Merlin’s Corporate Office and at all Illinois and Wisconsin Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops
- Via mail (please request mailing labels via registration form)
- At the CKAT event on November 4, 2017
If you are unable to donate clothing, but would like to help, your monetary donation is appreciated.
If you made a donation of hats, coats, mittens, etc. at a Merlin 200,000 Miles Shop location and would a receipt, please click here for a receipt.
Kids Helping Kids
Kids Helping Kids is a program designed for children and youth to assist with the Snug Hugs collection. Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, church and youth groups, and school sports teams and clubs can earn a collectible badge by gathering items and delivering them to a Merlin 200,000 Miles Shop.
To print a Kids Helping Kids Registration and Badge Form, visit: http://www.merlins.com/snughugs
For questions, please contact Maureen Kelly at 312-424-6875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.