Snug Hugs for Kids Clothing Drive
November 1 - December 13
Help children keep warm this winter by participating in the annual Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive. Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops are collecting donations of new and like-new warm winter clothing for children enrolled in Children’s Home + Aid’s Child and Family Centers.
- Sizes collected range from newborn to 18 years (adult sizes). Most needed sizes are for children age newborn – 5 years
- Most needed items include:
- Coats, sweaters, pants and socks
- Snow pants and boots
- Hats, scarves, mittens and gloves (especially matching sets)
- Like-new clothing should have little-to-no visible wear and tear, be clean and free of stains, have no holes, frays or missing buttons and have working zippers.
Clothing donations can be dropped-off at all Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops in Illinois and Wisconsin between October 23 and December 13. To find a location near you, visit Merlin’s website.
Volunteers Needed – December 14, 15 & 18
Volunteers are needed December 14 to unload boxes, unpack clothing and sort clothing in preparation for client shopping days. Volunteers are needed December 15 and 18 to replenish and help clients shop for warm winter clothing. Please sign up here by December 1.
Crochet and Knit-A-Thon
The Crochet and Knit-A-Thon (CKAT) partners with crafters to knit and crochet warm clothing for the Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive.
All participants are invited to attend an event to display their crocheted/knitted items:
Saturday, November 4, 2017
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Resurrection Lutheran Church
2567 W Sullivan Rd, Aurora IL
Participants are encouraged to register by Friday, October 27 in order to receive tags and mailing labels or to attend the display event on November 4, 2017. Register online below or print a registration form here.
Crocheted/knitted items are accepted:
- At Merlin’s Corporate Office and at all Illinois and Wisconsin Merlin 200,000 Miles Shops
- Via mail (please request mailing labels via registration form)
- At the CKAT event on November 4, 2017
If you are unable to donate clothing, but would like to help:
If you made a donation of hats, coats, mittens, etc. at a Merlin 200,000 Miles Shop location and would a receipt, please click here for a receipt.
Kids Helping Kids
Kids Helping Kids is a program designed for children and youth to assist with the Snug Hugs collection. Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, church and youth groups, and school sports teams and clubs can earn a collectible badge by gathering items and delivering them to a Merlin 200,000 Miles Shop.
To print a Kids Helping Kids Registration and Badge Form, visit: http://www.merlins.com/snughugs
For questions, please contact Maureen Kelly at 312-424-6875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.