Sharin’ of the Green – 2023 St. Patrick’s Day Parade
March 11 | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Sharin’ of the Green Parade is an opportunity for our community to come together and celebrate Irish Heritage and “share the green” by donating to Children’s Home & Aid.
Children’s Home & Aid has been a resource for families of McLean County and the surrounding area for over 130 years. The agency offers a comprehensive array of services and programs, annually serving the needs of more than 3,000 local children and families.
Alternate date, if needed based on weather: March 18, 2023
The parade route starts at the corner of School St and North St. (The Alamo) and moves east down North St. through Uptown Circle to Linden St.
Onsite registration will be available on Saturday at the participant staging area.
*Deadline for sponsor logo to be included on t-shirt is Friday, February 17.
Each participant must agree to and sign the waiver. As a driver/participant in the parade, we ask you to follow these rules for the safety of yourself and others:
- Please do not throw candy due to the danger of children in traffic.
- Candy is to handed out to the children as to keep them out of the street.
- Please avoid gaps in the parade order – stay close.
- Large vehicles must have escorts on both sides.
- Please use extreme caution at the circle.
- Do not unload until you have arrived at the parking lot disignated for unloading.
- If you have animals in your entry- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEAN UP.
Sponsor logos are included on the official parade t-shirt. Logos are due February 17th.
Purchase your official 2023 parade t-shirts here.
Volunteers will sell t-shirts, line-up participants, collect donations, throw candy, carry the flag, assist with crowd control or other tasks as needed.
For more information, contact Laura Cordero, Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.