10th Annual Sharin’ of the Green St. Patrick’s Day Parade
March 14 | 1:00 pm
Children’s Home & Aid and the Irish Heritage Society are proud to partner together once again for the annual Sharin’ of the Green Parade. This is an opportunity for our community to come together and celebrate Irish Heritage and “share the green” by donating to the programs and services in Children’s Home & Aid’s Central Region.
Children’s Home & Aid has been a resource for families of McLean County and the surrounding area for over 130 years. The agency’s Central Region serves 3,000 children and families every year with prevention, family support and family strengthening services. Your participation helps keep children and families thriving.
Guidelines for Participants
As a driver in the parade, we ask you to follow these rules for the safety of yourself and others:
- Please do not throw candy due to the danger of children in traffic.
- Candy is to be handed out to the children as to keep them out of the street.
- Please avoid gaps in the parade order-stay close.
- Large vehicles must have escorts on both sides.
- Please use extreme caution around the circle.
- Do not unload until you have arrived at the parking lot designated for unloading
For questions or more information, please contact Laura Cordero, Development Associate at (309) 834-5294
Volunteers are needed to:
- Collect donations through the crowd
- Sell T-shirts
- Help with participant line up
- Crowd control
- Carry the Flag to collect donations
- Walk in the parade collecting donations/ throwing candy
Click here to sign up as a volunteer!