We believe as an agency we have a collective and individual responsibility to create an inclusive community where we can be our authentic selves; where our differences are celebrated, respected and valued; where we create and have equitable opportunities; and where our voices are supported and encouraged.
We are embarking on a powerful journey to create a more inclusive community that will improve your experience here at Children’s Home & Aid and will help shape and improve how we work in communities, how we listen and understand the voices of those we serve, and how we infuse those voices in our programming, resource allocation, and policy decisions. As the EDI Champions we are committed:
- To disrupting the status quo, taking a stance for what is right, and not shying away from the difficult yet necessary conversations
- To calling out inequities, racism and discrimination of any kind, and holding ourselves and each other accountable
- To having the courage to make mistakes and still charge forward
- To ensuring brave spaces to help increase our open awareness, understanding, recognition, and celebration of differences
- To facilitate and integrate staff, client, and community voice to drive and embed equity, diversity and inclusion in our everyday practices
- To utilize data to show impact, measure progress, and define success