The center strives to keep parents involved through “family nights” and ongoing communication between classroom staff and parents. The Raising A Reader* Program is now available at the Center also.The Scott Early Learning Center serves children 6 weeks to 5 years, providing child-centered and family-focused programming with low child to staff ratios. It uses Creative Curriculum® to enhance the physical, emotional, and cognitive growth of children through play and hands-on experiences. Social skills, self-control, and emotional development are just as important as reading and math readiness in successfully preparing each child for school. Monthly field trips reaffirm topics covered in the classrooms.
The Scott Early Learning Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children (COA).
Preschool for All
The center offers Pre-School for All, a half-day instructional program based on the Creative Curriculum®, the academic approach that has been used widely in Head Start. The program provides instruction to 40 children who are at-risk for academic failure. The 180-day preschool program is integrated with the center’s full-day, full-year child care programs, comprehensively addressing the needs of at-risk hildren.
- Full day child care for children 6 weeks to 6 years of age
- Healthy lunches and snacks
- Strong parent involvement and communication
- Low child/staff ratios
- Qualified, experienced degreed teachers
- Only McLean County site accredited by both NAEYC and COA
- Ongoing, intensive quality improvement + quality assurance on all aspects of our care
- Safe, quiet neighborhood location
- The Scott Center colloborates with the Illinois State University Jump Start program to work with preschool children one on one to enhance their reading skills.
*The Raising A Reader program marries two of the Early Childhood Care + Education Centers’ goals: 1) to ensure that children are “kindergarten ready” when they leave the program at age five and 2) to work with parents and caregivers to support their involvement in the education of their children.
For more information on the Scott Early Learning Center, see Admission & Rates .
To arrange a tour of the center, please call 309-834-5210.
Location: 1119 East Taylor, Bloomington, IL 61701 | Get directions | 309-834-5210
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM
The Center has received a Gold Circle of Quality designation from ExceleRate Illinois.