The Regional Training Calendar includes a variety of workshops, seminars, and conferences. The calendar is a resource for professional growth and development. The Children’s Home & Aid Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Program, Training and Technical Assistance Advisors are available to assist Child Development Associate (CDA) candidates on formal training hours and CDA information. If you need additional information on professional development opportunities, please call the CCR&R Program at 1-800-467-9200, ext. 116.
Thank you for your on-going support and participation in the CCR&R program!
To verify if a training has been cancelled due to inclement weather, please contact Jennifer at 800-467-9200, ext.104.
CCR&R Training Policies
Revised April, 2014
The following training polices apply to all Children’s Home & Aid Child Care Resource & Referral Program sponsored workshops and conferences:
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- A registration form with payment (check, money order, or cash) must be received in advance by the CCR&R Program to confirm your participation in any training or conference opportunities. No telephone or fax registrations will be accepted for a registration with a fee.
- Registration payment is non refundable once registration has been processed.
- The Children’s Home & Aid CCR&R Program reserves the right to cancel a training due to low registration. If a training is cancelled and not rescheduled your registration fee will be refunded in the form of a credit. Children’s Home & Aid must have a minimum of 10 participants registered to hold a training.
- Due to the high interest of certain trainings, the Children’s Home & Aid CCR&R Program may need to limit the number of participants from a child care program to 3 individuals per program.
- If you are unable to attend a training you have registered for, please contact our office to cancel, 1-800-467-9200, ext. 104. If the cancellation is placed 7 or more days prior to the scheduled date, registration fee will be refunded in the form of a credit.
- A postcard will be sent to you by the Children’s Home & Aid CCR&R Program to confirm your registration. Participants will be called if a training they are registering for is full. If a training must be rescheduled, canceled, or moved, participants will receive an automated phone call and e-mail notifying them of the change.
- All registered participants will receive an automated “reminder call” prior to the training they registered for.
B. Training Participation
- Late Arrivals- A fifteen (15) minute Grace Period will be given at all training sessions. This grace period begins at the advertised start time. Participants will not be allowed in the training after the 15-minute grace period.
- Early departures- To receive a training certificate, participants must stay until the trainer is finished.
- Walk-in participants are allowed to enroll in training, with the required fee, if the maximum number of participants has not been met. Walk-in participants will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. NOTE: If the maximum number of participants has been met through mail registrations and all participants have not arrived, the walk-in registrants may participate in the training until the 15-minute grace period has passed. At the end of the grace period, if there is a no-show participant, the walk-in may pay and take the no-show participants place.
- Pre registration fees are non-refundable for no-show registrants. Registrants will not to be charged or billed additional fees for non-attendance after the training has occurred. No show registrants, as long as they follow other training policies and procedures, will not be denied access to future trainings.
- In fairness to all participants, children and/or unpaid guests may not attend any training.
- It is prohibited for participants to solicit materials or services at any Children’s Home & Aid event.
C. Certificates and DTP Transcripts
- Replacement certificates must be issued at the request of an individual participant. Certificates are only to be released to the individual who participated at the training.
- Participants who need a transcript of past trainings will be directed to access their Gateways to Opportunity Registry Professional Development Record.
Every effort is always made to ensure quality presenters. Any statement, fact or opinion expressed by the presenters are their own and do not necessarily reflect the philosophy or viewpoint of the Children’s Home & Aid CCR+R Program.
For more information on these policies please contact Melissa Stengel at 1-800-467-9200, ext. 116 or Patsy Mason at ext. 113.