The Regional Training Calendar includes a variety of workshops, seminars, and conferences. The calendar is a resource for professional growth and development. The Children’s Home & Aid Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Program, Training and Technical Assistance Advisors are available to assist child care providers with multiple training and professional development options. If you need additional information on professional development opportunities, please call the CCR&R Program at 800-467-9200, Ext. 113 or 116.
Thank you for your on-going support and participation in the CCR&R program!
To verify if a training has been cancelled due to inclement weather, please contact Jennifer at 800-467-9200, Ext.104.
CCR&R Training Policies
Revised August 2018
The following training polices apply to all Children’s Home & Aid Child Care Resource & Referral Program sponsored workshops and conferences:
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first served basis with priority given to provider who are currently required to complete CPR/FA for IDHS CCAP Health & Safety trainings. New CCAP applicants that have submitted a paper application or have provided care in the last 30 days may enroll but will be placed on a wait list. If the class is not full by the close of registration those wait-listed will be notified and allowed to attend the training.
- If you are unable to attend a training you have registered for, please contact our office 48 hours in advance to cancel, 1-800-467-9200, Ext. 104.
- A confirmation postcard will be mailed to you by the Children’s Home & Aid CCR&R Program to confirm your registration.
- Participants will be called if a training they are registering for is full. If training must be rescheduled, canceled, or moved, participants will receive an automated phone call and e-mail notifying them of the change 48 hours in advance or earlier.
- All registered participants will receive an automated, “reminder call” prior to the training they registered for.
B. Training Participant
- Late Arrivals- Fifteen (15) minute grace period will be given at all training sessions. This grace period ends 15 minutes after the advertised start time. Participants will not be allowed into the training after the 15 minute grace period has ended.
- Early departures- to receive a training certificate, participants must stay until the training is finished.
- Walk-in participants are allowed to enroll in training, if the maximum number of participants has not been met. Walk-in participants will be taken on a first come, first serve basis, with the exception of CPR and First Aid Training, no walk-ins will be admitted. NOTE: If the maximum number of participants has been met through mail registrations and all participants have not arrived, the walk-in participants may attend the training after the 15-minute grace period has passed. At the end of the grace period, if there is a no-show participant, the walk-in may take the no-show participants place.
- CPR and First Aid will only be paid for once for any caregiver. If you fail to attend your registered class, you will be responsible for meeting this requirement on your own. 48 hour cancellation is required.
- In fairness to all participants, children and/or unpaid guests may not attend any training or computer lab.
- It is prohibited for participants to solicit materials or services at any Children’s Home & Aid event.
C. Certificates and Professional Development Record Transcripts
- Replacement certificates may be issued at the request of an individual participant. Replacement certificates are only to be released to the individual who attended the training.
- Participants who need a transcript of past trainings will be directed to access their IL Gateways to Opportunity Professional Development Record. (www.ilgateways.com)
- Participants must complete an evaluation form to receive their certificate.
Every effort is always made to ensure quality presenters. Any statement, fact or opinion expressed by the presenters are their own and do not necessarily reflect the philosophy or viewpoint of the Children’s Home & Aid CCR&R Program.