ExceleRate Illinois recognizes early learning providers who make quality a priority.
ExceleRate Illinois is a statewide quality recognition and improvement system designed to make continuous quality improvement an everyday priority among early learning providers. The program establishes standards for helping infants, toddlers and preschool age children develop intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally. It provides a framework for early learning professionals to identify opportunities for improvement, increase their skills and take steps to make positive changes.
- ExceleRate Illinois also recognizes early learning providers for their ongoing efforts to improve the quality of their care by awarding Circle of Quality designations:
- The Licensed Circle of Quality tells you that the program meets state licensing standards for quality. It is the foundation for quality.
The Bronze Circle of Quality recognizes the qualifications of program staff. It tells you that the program has completed ExceleRate Illinois trainings, has met qualifications, and is engaged in continuous quality improvement.
- The Silver Circle of Quality recognizes that the program has met quality goals. Silver Circle programs meet or go beyond quality standards in three areas: learning environment and teaching quality; administrative standards; and training & education. Programs are actively engaged in continuous quality improvement.
- The Gold Circle of Quality recognizes programs that meet or go beyond the highest quality goals. Gold Circle programs have met the highest quality standards in three areas: learning environment and teaching quality; administrative standards; and training & education. Programs are actively engaged in continuous quality improvement.
The Quality Specialist Role
The Child Care Resource & Referral Quality Specialists and Infant/Toddler Specialist will provide child care providers with technical assistance, consultation, and education regarding the ExceleRate Illinois Circles of Quality.
The Quality Specialists can provide:
1. On-site support for providers & staff to meet the requirements and show evidence of ExceleRate Standards.
2. Support for providers to compile an ExceleRate portfolio.
3. Information on Developmental screenings and curriculum & assessment as aligns with ExceleRate Standards.
4. Observation of programs (by provider invitation only) to support the programs commitment to quality improvement.
Aimee Hart, email@example.com, 800-467-9200, Ext. 125
Genni Luberda, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-467-9200, Ext. 126
Carlee Caspari, email@example.com, 800-467-9200, Ext. 112
Heidi Elliott, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-467-9200 Ext. 119