Quality Improvement Funds
The Children’s Home & Aid Child Care Resource & Referral Program with the Illinois Department of Human Services announces the availability of the Quality Improvement Funds Grant Opportunities.
The QI Funds are designed to support center based and family child care in the improvement of quality care provided to infants, toddlers, preschool, and school age children. These funds are to support planned program improvements. They are also intended to assist providers in the achievement, advancement, and maintenance of ExceleRate Illinois.
All child care programs applying for these funds must be on our referral database and provide services in one of the following seven counties: Bond, Clinton, Madison, Monroe, Randolph, St. Clair, or Washington.
Provider/Staff must be a current member of the IL Gateways Registry.
Grant Opportunities consists of:
- Cohort Funds
- Training Stipends
- Accreditation Assistance
Individual Professional Development Funds
Based on available funding, Children’s Home & Aid CCR&R Program is offering funds to support individual pursuit of professional development in early care and education and school-age care. Funds are provided by the Illinois Department of Human Services and administered by the CCR&R Program. Individual practitioners currently employed by center-based programs and family home programs that provide care as defined by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS) can apply for these funds. Individual practitioners are defined as: child care center directors, early childhood teachers/assistant teachers, school age teachers/assistant teachers, family home providers and assistants as well as child care center support staff (cook and driver) when appropriate (e.g., food sanitation course). Funds can be requested for: costs associated with non CCR&R conference/workshops (registration fees, lodging, and transportation) and fees associated with approved credential processes. See guidelines for further guidance.
Please contact Nichole Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-467-9200, Ext. 180 for questions.
First Aid and CPR Reimbursement Funds
CPR & First Aid can be held face-to-face or hybrid
CPR & First Aid curriculum must be from one of the approved entities listed below:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Emergency Care and Safety Institute (ECSI)
- Ellis & Associates, Inc.-Orlando, FL
- Know CPR
- National Safety Council
- Pro-Trainings, LLC
- American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI)
- American Trauma Event Management (ATEM)
- Edward Atkinson/Emergency Response Health Network
- EMS Safety Services
- MEDIC FIRST AID
- Pacific Medical Training
- H. Sanders and Associates/Titan CPR Associates
For a list of known CPR & First Aid providers in your area, please send an email to CCRR@childrenshomeandaid.org
Steps to receive reimbursement for CPR & First Aid:
- Schedule training
- Keep your payment receipt
- Attend the training
- Receive your CPR/FA card
– Card must state pediatric & adult CPR/FA
– School age providers, CPR/FA should be specific to the age you serve
- Complete the Children’s Home & Aid payment form
Funds do not cover:
- Incomplete or failed training/certification.
- Adult only FA/CPR.
- Travel to/from training.
- Out of state training.
- Purchase of CPR manikins, lungs, valves, DVDS, masks, shields, kneeling pads, gloves, or training kits.
- Cost of meals or refreshments.
- Fee for a replacement certification card.
- FA/CPR registration fee for volunteers at a child care program.
- No show and/or penalty fees.
Check list – Is your Application Complete?
- All parts of the application are complete. If a question was not applicable, I wrote N/A.
- I signed and dated the application.
- I attached the required supporting documentation
- Proof of Gateways Registry Membership
- Completed W-9 form
- Receipt/proof of payment
- Documentation of completion of course for all participants – copy of CPR and First Aid cards
- For Center Group Training – an attendance sheet for those attending/completing the course including Gateways number
- The payment information I have submitted is correct
- Complete Children’s Home & Aid payment form for Direct Deposit or paper check
- I understand an incomplete application will delay the review process
- I have made a copy of the application and all supporting documentation for my records
For more information, questions, or concerns, please contact: Alison Nickerson 618-310-3451 or email@example.com
All paperwork should be sent to Alison Nickerson via fax or email
Fax: 618-452-9136 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org