The Governor announced mandatory closures of child care programs through April 7, 2020. Learn more here.
New! – If you are a first responder during the COVID-19 crisis, you can search here for child care centers open to first responders and emergency personnel. If you have more questions about available emergency child care, call the Early Learning Helpline at 1.888.228.1146 between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
New – Helpline for Victims of Domestic Violence
The role of the Illinois Department of Human Services’ Domestic Violence Helpline is being expanded in order to create a one stop access point for shelter needs. People experiencing domestic violence may directly call the Helpline at 1-877-TO END DV (1-877-863-6338 voice or 1-877-863-6339 TTY) and be connected to shelter through existing local domestic violence shelters or they will be connected to emergency shelter through available hotels and motels. Transportation assistance is being offered as well.
Information for People Experiencing Domestic Violence – Most Cook County Courthouses Handing Domestic Violence Cases Will Hear Emergency Matters
Every Cook County Courthouse that handles domestic violence cases is open to hear emergency matters, with the exception of the Maywood courthouse. People can still go to 555 West Harrison in Chicago and the Bridgeview, Markham, Skokie, and Rolling Meadows courthouses and seek new Orders of Protection, Civil No Contact Orders and Stalking No Contact Orders. Courts will automatically extend emergency orders that are slated to expire during the court shut down.
Legal Aid Chicago provides free legal representation to survivors of domestic violence. Apply online for legal assistance here.
- New! – Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security (CARES) Act: How to Apply for Non-Profit Relief Funds
- Families First Cornoavirus Response Act Paid Sick and Expanded Federal Leave
- COVID-19: Emergency Child Care for Communities & Providers
- Stay at Home Executive Order Frequently Asked Questions
- Forbes Article – How To Preserve Your Mental Strength When Everything Is Uncertain
- Top 5 Indoor Activities
- Fun Activities for Parents to do with their Children
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) COVID-19 Information and Resources
- IDHS Site Closures – March 18, 2020
- Home Visiting COVID-19 Letter English and Spanish – March 16, 2020
- Doula COVID-19 Letter English and Spanish – March 16, 2020
- ECE Closure Parent Letter English and Spanish – March 16, 2020
- COVID-19 – foster parent letter (English)
- COVID-19 – foster parent letter (Spanish)
- Child Care Parents Letter English and Spanish
- Get Your Home Ready: Checklist for Individuals and Families (CDC)
- A Comic for Kids Exploring Coronavirus (NPR)
CPS Parents – Accessing Food and Grade-level Activity Packets
ALL CPS district schools will offer free meals for students. You do not have to be a CPS student. Families can pick up meals outside of their nearest CPS school – they DO NOT need to pick up meals at their child’s school of attendance; meals can be picked up at any CPS school.
Meals will be available starting Tuesday, March 17,2020 from 9am – 1pm.
· Any student (district school, charter school, options school, etc.) can access meals at the location that’s closest to them.
· Families can find their nearest CPS school at CPS.edu/map.
· Each child in the household will receive a food bag which will contain three days of breakfast and lunch meals.
Select charter school locations will also offer meals; a link to those locations can be found here.
· The CPS Office of Teaching and Learning will provide grade-level activity packets for PreK-12th grade that include non-digital and digital activities for students. Information is also available for students and families at cps.edu/coronavirus.
Updates and contact information:
· For additional information and the latest updates, families should visit cps.edu/coronavirus.
· Families with questions about meals and other family services can call the CPS Command Center at 773-553-KIDS (5437) between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or email email@example.com.