Thank you for your relentless patience as we dive into uncharted waters like never before. We know you have been bombarded by a lot information and we hope our outreach to you as been helpful to date.
All of these resources and more are live on the COVID-19 for Early Childhood and Emergency Child Care for Communities & Providers pages on the GOECD website. Please revisit these pages often, as they are being updated regularly with additional guidance and information for essential workers, programs, volunteers, and families.
- A new version of the Emergency Child Care FAQs, updated May 11, 2020, can be found here.
- GOECD has developed a FAQ for Families that features updates on the status of child care programs, public and private schools, and other essential information to support families.
- Early Childhood Professional Learning (ECPL) has released a toolkit of Resources for Programs and Families During COVID-19.
- COVID-19_Illinois Early Childhood Care and Education Response
- Emergency Child Care FAQs
- CCAP COVID-19 Updates
- COVID-19 Info – Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development
- COVID-19 Guidance for Child Care Centers Child Care Homes and Early Education Programs
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions Following the Mandatory Closures
- 2020 Add Child – Temp form – GC
- Request Forms
- GUIDANCE FOR CCAP BILLING CERTIFICATES Centers and Licensed Homes
- Center & Licensed Home May and June Attendance Exemption Form
- GUIDANCE FOR CCAP BILLING CERTIFICATES License Exempt Homes
- License Exempt Home May and June Attendance Exemption Form
Emergency Child Care Stipend Program
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) through the Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) System is offering funds to assist Emergency Child Care programs that opt to open and provide child care for the children of Essential Workers.
We want to stress that these services should be provided only when Essential Workers have no other options available. The goal is to practice social distancing and for children to stay at home whenever possible.
Who is eligible:
- Child care programs operating under the COVID Executive Order No 8, including licensed child care centers, license-exempt child care centers, and formerly licensed family child care homes.*
- Licensed child care centers operating under the COVID Executive Order No 8 must have applied for and received Emergency License from the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/OECD/Pages/COVID-19.aspx under Resources for Providers (please submit a copy of this emergency license with this application).
- Child Care programs must be registered on the Early Learning Helpline through the online Emergency Operations Form.
- Complete and submit the Stipend Application along with a W-9 for Emergency Child Care to email@example.com
If you have questions, please call or email:
Heidi Elliott – Program/Provider First Name A-N
Office: 800-467-9200 Ext. 119
Nichole Miller Program/Provider First Name M-Z
Office: 800-467-9200 Ext. 180