Governor JB Pritzker Announced a Stay at Home Order for Illinois Effective Saturday, March 21 at 5 p.m. This FAQ has more details about the Stay at Home Order.
In the last few weeks as the number of novel coronavirus cases, known as COVID-19, has increased, so have the general concerns about keeping healthy and containing the spread of the disease. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
The health and safety of our staff and the children, parents and families whom we serve is our top priority. Our program leadership are sharing resources and regularly discussing how to best respond to the COVID-19 outbreak. As the situation changes, so will our response.
We are promoting open communications between our Children’s Home & Aid team members and the families we serve. We will regularly update the resources on this page and information specific to staff and clients and parents. The program closures page and the event cancellations page have the latest information on the status of our program closures, public events and trainings.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Children’s Home & Aid staff person for information. Together, we can take the steps necessary to limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep safe and healthy. Visit our page on how you can help to support our children and families.
Here are some facts about the virus:
- Spread through the droplets from coughs and sneezes
- It requires close(face-to-face with-in 6ft) sustained contact for more than ten minutes with someone who is infected
- Symptoms to look out for are cough, fever, difficulty breathing
- 19 people have tested positive in Illinois and cases go beyond Chicago and cook county
- They have increased testing in Illinois and expect the number of those testing positive to go up
Reducing the risk:
- Avoid close contact with people
- Stay home if sick
- Wash hands often with hot water and soap. If that’s not available use at least a 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching face with uncleaned hands
- Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid shaking hands
- CLEAN SURFACE DAILY- (highly touched surfaces)
- Phones, keyboards and mouse, door handles, etc.
- Get the Facts: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese)
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 (English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese)
- Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Poster (English, Spanish)