What you do every day makes a difference
At Children’s Home & Aid,
- Make a Difference: what you do each day makes a difference in the lives of children and families.
- Use Your Gifts: use your unique set of skills, experience, knowledge, talents, passions in an organization that is always innovating.
- Grow: Create an Individual Development Plan, attend professional development workshops, work with a mentor, expand your skills and knowledge.
- Work Toward Our Mission: work with us toward our mission to partner with children, youth and families whose potential is at risk to create hope, opportunity, and bright futures.
Learn More About Us
Restoring Hope, Providing Help – An Overview of Children’s Home & Aid
Working in residential treatment: the Daniel & Ada L. Rice Child & Family Center
Generous Benefits include
- Paid time off: employees accrue 12 days of paid leave in their first year increasing to 27 days in the 4th year of employment; plus 10 paid holidays and 10 sick days per year.
- Choice of medical plans plus dental and vision insurance with the agency paying a majority of the premiums plus agency-paid life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Agency-sponsored professional training as well as individual professional development opportunities.
- Other benefits including an employee assistance program, employee wellness program, discount on home/auto insurance, other voluntary insurance such as short term disability and critical illness insurance and more.
Who We Are
Children’s Home & Aid, a non-profit organization, is headquartered in Chicago, and has 900+ employees throughout multiple locations in Illinois. Our programs protect, educate and counsel children, youth and families to overcome the obstacles of poverty, abuse and neglect. Each year, we serve over 40,000 individuals throughout the state. In addition to being a part of an organization that is committed to helping children and families, full benefits are offered including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K along with paid time-off and professional development opportunities.
For an overview of our locations, click here.
Children’s Home & Aid is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
All employment activities are conducted in an equal and equitable fashion. The Agency prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or handicap, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, source of income, and any other legally protected category in the recruitment, selection, hiring, determination of salary level and benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Children’s Home & Aid recognizes, respects, promotes and celebrates the value of cultural diversity and will ensure that each client’s ethnic or cultural customs, practices, and beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, and/or community differences will be respected by agency staff.
Children’s Home & Aid is committed to supporting military service members and veterans and their families through employment opportunities.