Mission of the Emerging Leaders Board
The Emerging Leaders Board of Children’s Home & Aid is a group of advocates and community leaders dedicated to improving the lives of children and families in Illinois.
The primary goals of the board are:
- To increase awareness among professionals in the earlier stages of their career of the programs and services provided by Children’s Home & Aid
- To serve as a voice for children through advocacy
Executive Commitee Leadership
Andrew Roche, President
Joseph Barrett, Events & Fundraising Chair
Jennifer Layer, Recruitment & Membership Chair
Benjamin Schlottman, Marketing & Advocacy Chair
- Have the chance to develop professional relationships with other likeminded young professionals.
- Exclusive access to networking; volunteer; and professional experiences including the chance to have dialogues with agency professionals.
- Avenue to advocate for the people in your community and communities around the Chicagoland area.
- Opportunity to develop leadership experiences through your service.
Rooftop Summer Cocktail Mixer – August
This past August, members of the Emerging Leaders Board joined Children’s Home & Aid’s Board of Trustees to socialize and build new connections
Upcoming in 2022
WGirls Halloween Bingo Bash – October 30, 1:30pm – Happy Camper Old Town
Join WGirls for an event benefitting Children’s Home & Aid! Come for spooky bingo, drinks & snacks! Suggested $10 donation.
WGirls Hope for the Holidays – December 7, 6:30pm – Guild Row Chicago
WGirls & the Emerging Leaders Board is hosting a lively evening including raffle items, a silent auction, an ugly sweater contest, and a gingerbread cookie decorating contest. A $75 ticket will get you in on the fun and includes a 3-hour open bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres! More info here.
Join the Emerging Leaders Board
If you are interested in joining Emerging Leaders Board, please click here and complete the online membership form.
For more information about the Emerging Leaders Board, please contact Elizabeth Startz at firstname.lastname@example.org